Our first summer as parents is coming to a close. So, I thought it might be fun to share a round-up of recipes that is focused on bringing parents and their kids together. I’m sure you know by now that getting kids into the kitchen to help prepare meals is a great way to help them establish life-long healthy eating habits. But did you know the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has put together a handy-dandy reference sheet of parenting tips for involving your children in meal prep?
Otto is just over 12 weeks old, so we have quite a long wait ahead of us before he can start helping make meals. But, it’s never too early to plan ahead, right? Assuming the world doesn’t end before he turns 2, I’ll be coming back to this post as well as referencing some of our favorite cookbooks, like Eat Like a Dinosaur, Nom Nom Paleo, Paleo Takeout, and Real Life Paleo, for ideas on how to get him involved.
Without further ado, here is a collection of recipes that are delicious and fun to make as a family! (Plus, at the end, a bonus list of my three favorite lactation cookie recipes for breastfeeding moms like myself.)
10 Family-Friendly Paleo Recipes
- Simple Paleo Blueberry Muffins by Paleo Running Momma
- Paleo Italian Meatballs by Tastes of Lizzy T
- Paleo Ranch Dressing and Dip by The Real Food Dietitians
- Bite-Sized Raspberry Popsicles by PaleoLeap
- Gluten and Dairy Free Ranch Tenders by Worth Cooking
- Mango Honey Fruit Leather by Dash of Vegan Butter
- Meatloaf Cupcakes with Sweet Potato Frosting by Jan’s Sushi Bar
- Strawberries with Homemade Chocolate Frosting (Shameless plug for our own blog here because I’ve had kids of friends help me make this multiple times and it’s always a hit!)
- Chocolate Avocado Chia Pudding by The Natural Nurturer
- Fruit Pizza by Real Everything
BONUS: Lactation Cookies for the Breastfeeding Moms
- Grain-Free Lactation Cookies by Real Everything
- Gluten Free Lactation Cookies by Primal Palate
- Vegan Lactation Cookies (Gluten-Free) by Detoxinista
What are your favorite recipes to cook with the kids? Please share them with us in the comments!