Yesterday we completed our first Spartan race: The Mid-Atlantic Super Spartan 2012. It was 8 miles with over 75 obstacles (that’s a world record!), and we loved it. We’re both a bit sore and we have some scraps and bruises, but we feel great. We finished in under three hours and next year, we’re determined to do it in less than two. 😉
Anyways, to celebrate, we got nice New York Strip steaks for dinner tonight. We enjoyed these delicious cuts of meat from Whole Foods with a side dish that Brent dreamed up while we were wandering through the Costco.
While he grilled the steaks, I created this simple, sweet and savory sauté per his suggestion. (Woo, check out that little bit of alliteration! …sorry, word nerd alert, haha.) We hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion (about two slices from a large red onion, quartered)
- Sprinkle of homemade rosemary-salt (essentially, equal parts dried rosemary and sea salt)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Melt oil over medium heat.
2. Sauté broccoli for one minute.
3. Add mushrooms, onion, and a sprinkle of rosemary salt.
4. Sauté for 4 minutes.
6. Serve next to your favorite steak and dig in!