I finally have time to write this one out, nearly a week later… it’s not very timely, I know. Sorry about that. Alas, life often gets in the way of having a life. :-p Anyways, this breakfast is so yummy (at least, Brent and I think so) and it certainly would be yummy any day, not just on the 5th of May. But, we came up with the idea for it, and made on Cinco de Mayo… so that’s what we’re calling it!
Desayuno de Cinco de Mayo
- 2 teaspoons bacon fat
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 and 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle tabasco sauce (or more if you really like a good kick in the pants first thing in the morning! haha)
- avocado, sliced (optional)
- Sauté the onions and jalapeño in the bacon fat until tender.
- Toss in the ground beef and, stirring constantly, cook until almost completely browned.
- Add the salsa and chipotle tabasco sauce.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes to reduce and get all the flavors blended well.
- Serve with sliced avocado.
Sadly, we found that our avocados were not ripe yet… in fact, I tried to slice one and found that it was almost too hard to even cut open. However, this breakfast was super delicious without them!
We hope you enjoy this festive, slightly smokey and spicy breakfast. 🙂