We’ve been making a lot of recipes from the 21 DSD program and our favorite Paleo sites lately (PaleOMG, Primal Palate, Mark’s Daily Apple, etc.). So, tonight for dinner, I wanted to be a little creative. Ok, maybe creole tilapia isn’t all that creative… but at least it isn’t something we’ve found on any other specifically Paleo website, so there!
The best part is, this recipe is really quick and easy.
- 2-4 Tilapia fillets
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper (If you don’t have white pepper, you can just double up on the black pepper; personally, I can’t taste the difference.)
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- lemon wedges (optional, for garnish)
- Blend all the spices together in a small bowl.
- Dredge the tilapia fillets in the spices. Make sure both sides of each fillet are fully covered in the spice rub.
- Heat the oil over medium-high flame.
- Cook each fillet for 2-3 minutes per side. (If your fillets happen to be thicker than 3/4 of an inch, you may need to let them cook longer per side.)